This is a super quick and amazingly delicious alternative to traditional cous cous and has the bonus of virtually zero carbs! This is my basic recipe however you can get ultra-creative based upon your taste.
Preparation takes about two minutes and while it is browning you can gather your serving plates and garnishes!
Serves two generous portions or four medium portions based upon side dish or entrée.
- 1 large head of cauliflower broken into large pieces
- 2 tsp vegetable broth powder
- 4-5 sprigs cliantro..remove leaves and mince
- 2 tsp. cumin powder or seeds (based upon preference)
- 1 tsp. curry powder, (optional)
- 2 tbs. minced leek
- 2 tbs. garlic infused olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper and sesame seeds for garnish
- Place the fresh cauliflower pieces into a food processor. It is OK to include larger stem pieces.
- PULSE only until the mixture looks like “cous cous”
- Mix with vegetable broth, cilantro, cumin and curry powder.
- In a cast iron skillet place the olive oil and heat to medium high with the leeks. Saute the leeks until they are slightly golden.
- Add the prepared “cous cous” mixture and sauté until lightly brown…see photos for pre and post sauté below.
- Garnish with fresh ground pepper and a few sesame seeds prior to serving.
We enjoy serving with sautéed tofu over wilted spinach with a side salad. Have fun and enjoy!