This is a delicious healthy snack recipe contributed by Miracle team member Lorraine Ristano. It’s perfect to take along a hike or to pack in your child’s lunch box. Here are some of the MANY nutritional benefits of this snack.
- All 43 trace minerals are found in dulse.
- It’s rich in protein, fluoride and iron.
- Seaweed is a good source B-12 if you eat a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- The almonds are high in potassium,magnesium, phosphorus, healthy fat and protein.
- Sesame seeds are rich in calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorous and protein.
Lorraine’s note: I’ve only tried this recipe with the above ingredients in the picture. You can experiment by adding sunflower, flax and pumpkin seeds! Delicious and easy!
- 1/3 cup oil (corn, coconut, safflower etc)
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup nori flakes (or kelp, dulse or mixed)
- 1 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour honey and coconut oil into a large skillet. Bring to a frothy boil.
- Add almonds, sesame seeds and dulse. Stir together well.
- Add soy sauce. Stir until everything is well coated.
- Spread thinly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven, until golden brown.
- Cool and break into pieces.